Sainsbury's fire in Longbridge


On Saturday November 15th 2014, over 600 people including customers and staff had to be evacuated from the recently built Sainsbury’s store in Longbridge, based on the Longbridge Technology Park, Birmingham.

At 11:53am Fire fighters at Northfield Fire Station were alerted to a fire in the roof of the Sainsbury’s store.

Firefighters were able to attend quickly and access the roof to extinguish the fire. The cause of the blaze was found to be an electrical fault with the solar panels and it’s associated equipment.

Our pat testing Longbridge services won’t cost you the Earth!

Luckily, nobody was injured in the fire, but this is why it is very important for employers and business owners to get their electrical equipment PAT Tested. Associated equipment includes extension leads, battery chargers and multi-socket extensions. Obtaining a PAT Test Certificate, is not only is a control measure for your fire risk assessment, but they are a compulsory requirement now for most insurance companies.

Redlander PAT Testing Ltd is based in Rednal Birmingham. We are professional City & Guild certified Portable Appliance Testers. We give free quotes and consultations and have set prices listed on our website.

Comments are closed.